Facts about your insurance - Know your rights as a client
Know Your Rights and the Law!
Important facts to consider when working with a collision repair
facility and the insurance company
1) The law does not require you to get more than one estimate.
2) You have the right to choose the repair facility that works on your vehicle. You are not required to use any one particular facility.
3) There is a difference in repair facilities. A lower estimate may overlook details details like front end alignment, headlight aiming, OEM parts, color match, safety issues, etc. It’s your vehicle… Make sure that it’s repaired correctly and to your satisfaction.
4) You are the only one who can authorize repairs to your vehicle. Do not sign any releases until you are sure that the insurance company will cover the cost of the repairs.
5) Be aware of the appraisal clause in your insurance policy. If the insurance company and the collision repair center cannot agree on what repairs should cost, this could provide a means for a fair settlement.
6) As owner of the vehicle you are expected to make full payment, including any deductible, upon completion of repairs. To avoid paying with a a personal check, arrange to have the insurance company releases signed and returned to the paying company in time for them to get a check back to you. If a lien holder is named on the check, be sure to get their endorsement. By making these arrangements in advance, you will help the repair facility to get you back on the road in a minimum amount of time.
7) You have the right to know the repair facilities warranty on workmanship, parts, and paint.
8) You have the right to know the approximate length of time that the repairs will take and an approximate date of delivery.
9) Let the expert body shop mechanics at H&H Collision handle all of the hassle. We have over 35 years experience dealing with insurance companies.